Contracts are integral to how institutions operate – from government, to banks, to non-profits, to commercial markets, and beyond. However, the past few years have rocked our understanding of how we work with contracts. The effects of pandemic disruptions, rising prices, and the proliferation of artificial intelligence are just some of the system-wide changes that have filtered down into the fundamentals of contracting.
Whether your role involves drafting, negotiating, enforcing, or litigating contracts, you need to be up to date on how contract law is changing today.
Make sure you’re prepared with OsgoodePD’s National Annual Symposium on Canadian Contract Law, running December 6, 2023. Fully updated for 2023, this wide-ranging annual update features an expert faculty of judges, litigators, solicitors, and academics. Over one intensive day, our esteemed speakers will guide you through the latest developments in contract law, and how to navigate shifting norms strategically and proactively.
Join us in-person or online for this unique opportunity to learn from and connect with contract professionals from across the country.
- Key takeaways from significant contract case law of the past year, and implications for contractual interpretation and performance
- Practical strategies for negotiating and interpreting standard terms and boilerplate clauses
- A View from the Bench: perspectives and strategies for contract litigation from three levels of court
- How Artificial Intelligence tools can support contract drafting, negotiation, due diligence and post-execution analysis
- Addressing professionalism concerns when using AI tools
- Best practices for drafting consumer contracts
- Trends in consumer contracting and the digital marketplace
- Moving strategically from RFP to contract in the unique public procurement context
- Supporting clients to maximize value out of a procurement contract
NOT TO BE MISSED! Hear from a judicial panel featuring:
- The Hon. Thomas Cromwell, Supreme Court of Canada (retired), Senior Counsel, BLG
- The Hon. Justice David Brown, Court of Appeal for Ontario
- The Hon. Justice Jessica Kimmel, Ontario Superior Court of Justice
Who Should Attend:
- Corporate and commercial lawyers
- Government and public sector lawyers
- Procurement professionals
- Commercial litigators
- In-House Counsel
- Construction contract and procurement specialists
- Transactional counsel
National Annual Symposium on Canadian Contract Law: Essential Updates and Practical Analysis 2023
December 6, 2023
9:00 AM – 5:00 PM ET
(In person at 1 Dundas St W, Toronto OR Online – Live)
January 19, 2024
9:00 AM – 5:00 PM ET
(Online – Replay)
Can’t make the date? Registration includes 120-day unlimited online access to the recorded program.
Group rates and Newly-Licensed Discounts are available.
Don’t miss out on this crucial annual update. View the full program agenda and register today!
The post OsgoodePD’s Annual Contract Law Symposium Is Back! appeared first on Slaw.